Saturday, July 22, 2006

Bringing people together

It's been proven time and time again that the internet brings people together. Despite negative stories about MySpace and other social networking sites that serve as a haven for pedophiles, weirdos and the like; cyberspace does act as a conduit for people to meet , exchange information and discover new relationships.

I was reminded about it this past week as I've connected with a second cousin that I did not know existed!

To make a long story short, notes from a family photograph led to a Google search which led to this humble weblog. The kicker was the photograph my cousin was looking at was this photo! She wrote me and it has led to a series of e-mails determining our exact relationship to one another.

Turns out we are second cousins once removed!

Hopefully we will be able to exchange more photographs and family information.

Interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment